6 reasons toaster ovens are great
A toaster oven is basically an appliance which has multiple uses. It is best suited for individuals that are on a tight schedule and have very little time. It can also be used for heating food quickly. They do have smaller capacities as compared to regular ovens but can also be used for toasting bread. There are various different toaster ovens available in the market today. They are:
1. Microwave - This is the most common appliance in most kitchens. It is quite compact and doesn't take up too much space on your kitchen counter. It has multiple purposes as well. They are extremely efficient and can save you lots of time.
2. Infrared - There is only one reason why these toaster ovens are popular and that is because of their efficiency and speed. They cook 40 % faster than regular ovens and the infrared radiation ensures the food doesn't lose it flavor either.
3. Rotisserie - These are multi function ovens that can be used to bake and even to keep food warm. They are precise and quite convenient when it comes to cooking. They are especially great when you want to cook with minimum mess.
4. Combination - These ovens offer multiple cooking options like broiling, baking and toasting. Some even allow you to run two functions at the same time. But what is really special about these ovens are the reversible grills which allow you to cook in 2 different positions.
5. Convection - These ovens can act as both toasters and ovens. It has all the features a regular oven would have and has various purposes including broiling, reheating, toasting, defrosting, baking and boiling. It can save you a lot of energy as well as time.
Now that you know the types of toaster ovens, let’s take a look at some of their advantages. When in doubt, try to read as many helpful toaster oven reviews online as possible, but here's a couple of words frords about each type from me:
- 1. These ovens take up very little space as compared to regular ovens. Some machines can even be mounted on the wall which is quite useful if you have a small counter top in the kitchen.
- 2. These ovens save you lots of time. They can pre-heat within 5 minutes as compared to the 15 minutes that regular ovens take to heat up.
- 3. These ovens also consume lesser energy as compared to regular ovens. They are great for people conscious about the environment. It is also excellent during summer when you do not have to go through the trouble of starting full sized ovens.
- 4. These toaster ovens are a lot cheaper than regular ovens. They cost just little more than regular toasters.
- 5. These ovens can be cleaned quite easily. All you have to do is remove the slide tray, clean it and reinsert it. This saves lots of energy as well since you can simply put it in the dishwasher.
- 6. And lastly, these ovens are safe to use. Even your kids can use them without too much trouble. They are quite basic and it hardly takes 5 or 10 minutes to fully understand how to work them.
Cook healthy and shop smart!